Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Good Day, Bad Day

On a good day, I REALLY appreciate it when my husband takes the time to sweep up all the crumbs under the kitchen table.
On a bad day, I REALLY get annoyed that he leaves all the crumbs in a pile next to the table so I can sweep them up to sweep up "later".

On a good day, school is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my boys and learn about God's great world while doing hands-on activities and ENJOYING ourselves.
On a bad day, school is a burdensome chore that I don't feel equipped to handle (involving ungrateful, complaining little people - whom I could easily send away to public school...)

On a good day, it's funny when my 4th grader has a quirky comment for every situation.
On a bad day, "that boy ain't right...and it's all Clay's fault".

Sadly, I can go from a good day to a bad day in a fraction of a second.
I forget that any day that I have life... is a good day.
I forget that every difficult moment can be used for my benefit and God's glory.
I forget to count my blessings.

Thankfully, I can also go from a bad day to a good day quite quickly.
I remember all the past trials which I have gotten through...that have strengthened me.
I remember that God not only changed my life, but He can change my moment.
I remember to count my blessings.

  • Healthy, intelligent children who make me laugh
  • Coffee with cream in my cup...and more where that came from
  • A hard-working husband who is faithful and funny
  • A rainy, cool day which makes hot soup more enjoyable
  • Friends who pray with me and encourage me and live life with me
  • A powerful, sovereign God whose promises never fail
That's a darn good start to a very long list...
What are your blessings? 

Is today going to be a good day or a bad day? 
We each have a choice to make.

As for me and my house, I think we'll play some uplifting music, then go out on the back porch and eat some soup while we watch the animals play (and listen to a history cd). 
I'll attempt to do my part in making the next few moments good. It's the choice I want to make.

2 comments:

  1. I like your list. From here, "Amen!" to every.single.one.

    Rhonda
    http://www.rhondaschrock.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! What a great post! My blessings are my God...family...work...love...life...and great lunches with dear friends ;)

    ReplyDelete

You don't even have to raise your hand...just shout it out.