|Can you tell I've been strolling Memory Lane lately? |
Can't get enough of these old photos!
- listening to them breathe during quiet morning snuggles
- the look they get when they are trying to figure out if I'm "pulling their leg"
- squeals and giggles coming from the bottom of the pile during a whole-house wrestling match
- "aha" moments which remind me to see the world with fresh amazement
- the way their hair sticks up "just so" first thing in the morning...and sometimes still at lunchtime
- their not-quite-big shoes lined up next to the back door
- pictures drawn on fogged up car windows
- how the words "ice cream" cause their faces to light up
- their innocence, their questions, their sincere love
In fact, I've decided to take this week to post a small series on this subject. The next few blogs should be fun. If you don't know my family, you soon will. I plan to write down the "little things" I love about each one of them (at this exact moment in their existence)...because those little things can really make a very big difference.