Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Charlie Brown - Revisited



Yes, I AM a teacher by nature and "profession", and I do often feel like my children (and others) hear, "Wah, Wah, Wah" when I speak...but there is more to the title of this blog than that. I thought you might enjoy hearing "the rest of the story". *said like Paul Harvey*
___________________________________

My children have spent the last 6 or 7 years watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on long car trips -repeatedly. It didn't matter if it was summer. It didn't matter if they had already watched it twice that day. It was their FAVORITE show and they could always agree on it.
Since our family recites lines from movies and shows regularly, you can only imagine how many of our habitual sayings come from this well-known special.
When my youngest was 5, he would say, "Don't you understand sarcasm when you hear it?" (a quote from the first 5 minutes of the cartoon)
He definitely understood it - thanks to Charlie Brown (and a lot of help from Mom and Dad.)
____________________________________

Clay had an imaginary friend when he was little.
Can you guess his name? Yep, Charlie Brown.
This fact absolutely Cracks. Me. Up.
(It actually makes complete sense. My husband has the creative mind necessary to concoct an entire personality for someone who doesn't actually exist.)
His parents have shared a number of humorous childhood stories involving dear old Charlie Brown.
I love his creative mind...and that even his childhood was funny.
____________________________________

There is a 1967 musical called, "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown."
I've never seen it...but for some reason the title has always stuck in my head.
My husband is a good man.
I often tell him this...but since everything around here tends to get wrapped in an unusual package - I will sometimes say, "You're a Good Man - Charlie Brown."
He knows when I yell, "Hey Charlie!" across the house, that it means I am proud.
I'm not neglecting to call him by his given name to be a punk (most of the time), I'm merely using code to tell him how much I love him.
And no, I don't try to teach him ANYTHING...I let God take care of that. (It's hard enough trying to teach his imaginative, and often distracted, offspring.)
____________________________________

Now you know.
Hope it made you smile too.

*photo found on Google images

3 comments:

  1. Love it! My Mr. Schrock is a Charlie Brown fan, too...hee-UGE one. This so fits him. And, apparently, "Charlie" Rassi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize how intwined Charlie Brown is in your family :) First let me say that I loved Paul Harvey :) He always had an interesting rest of the story :) Very similar to you, who has interesting stories pouring out all over...and I love every one of them!! :)

    ReplyDelete

You don't even have to raise your hand...just shout it out.