Monday, March 19, 2012

Overfed

I watched a video by Francis Chan while washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen last week. He said a few things that made me think, but this verse took the cake (while it was halfway up to my mouth):

Ezekiel 16:49-50  “Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."

Famous Sodom (whom God destroyed) - "arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."
Wow.
*crickets chirping*
I was speechless (for a moment).

No more jokes about my pants getting tight. (No more today, anyway.)
There is nothing wrong with having plenty of food to eat,
BUT I have become acutely aware - and gently reminded (with a flick to the noggin)- to be vigilant and alert...and always evaluating my family's attitude about the "blessing of excess" that we have been given.

I embedded the video - just in case you have an hour while you are folding clothes or cleaning the kitchen or something...



No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't even have to raise your hand...just shout it out.